Sunday, July 27, 2008

My 62 Bug Electric Conversion


Okay, I started on this a few weeks ago. There are plenty of folks with a blog going about their conversions, so I wasn't going to do one. I changed my mind.
1) There are some interesting stories coming out of this process that may appeal to non-gearheads/EV geeks.
2) It may be a good idea to log all of this stuff, just for the record. I looked for other blogs of folks doing a similar project, and if this can help anyone out with their EV conversion, this will be worth doing.
3) What the hell am I thinking? I barely have time to do this f-ing project, let alone blog about it? No, no...I'll blog on it. Maybe someone out there reading this will have some ideas to help.
So since I started this a couple of weeks ago, I'll enter a few entries here as if I did them that day. You'll know, from reading this introduction, that even though the dates are about the same, I started this stuff back on July 13, 2008, a few days after my dad's bug was delivered. When you see new entries, you'll know that we're back in real 
time. So here goes...and here'
s a picture of the bug with my notebook on top f the car, as I was taking measurements before the conversion. Then a pic of the engine that was soon gonna git removed. (Sorry engine). Then there's the kids in the car.

No comments: